Musical Composition Competition
to commemorate our 150th Anniversary!!
Deadline to submit is August 15th
* Submit PDF score & audio file to email@example.com
* Include Name, Phone, Email, City, and short biography
* Choral Anthem for SATB and organ/piano
* Suitable for a traditional church choir
* Between 2.5 - 3.5 minutes
* Mood should be celebratory and triumphant, appropriate for the150th anniversary of our church
*$500 + 1 year membership to JW Pepper My Score publishing platform + selection performed during the Anniversary Celebration Worship Service at FUMC on October 10th, 2021.
Click here for full detail of guidelines.
Mission Trip: Red Bird Mission Camp, Beverly, KY
October 23 - 31, 2021
Saturday thru Sunday
$625 per person
Interested in going on a mission trip? Consider joining our group that will travel to the poorest part of the Appalachian Mountains this fall...actually one the poorest places in the US!
There are two ways to serve:
1) go into the community to work on home repairs planned and vetted by the Mission staff
2) stay on the Mission campus to help in the community store (clothing & housewares) or with food & baby supply distribution. The cost is $625 + a money for a few meals while we travel; scholarships are available. Please contact Melonie Himel in the church office for more information.
Sunday School Relaunch: current locations
Sundays 10-10:50 am
Children - 2nd floor children's wing
Youth - room 304
Open Door - room 107
Happening - 3rd floor youth wing 'nook'
Believers - room 302
Fellowshippers - Rm 109
Great Expectations - Room 303
Church Chat - room 301
Leap of Faith - Worship Center lobby
Start Date TBD
Hearts and Hands - TBD
Builders - TBD
VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITY: Abraham's Tent Food Prep
3rd Wednesday & 4th Monday
9:30 am - 12 noon
In March we restarted our scheduled workdays at Abraham’s Tent. Food prep is at 9:30 am and boxing up lunches at 11:15 am (if help is needed) for staff to then hand out to clients. . Contact Verna Dahlquist for more information.
Men's Bible Study: "Journey Men" led by Doug Ezell
Continues every 1st & 3rd Mondays
6 pm in Room 109
The Journeymen will resume studying a book they had just begun before the shutdown. They will be studying “The Story” written by Randy Frazee, with an introduction by Max Lucado. The Story offers a rich overview of the Bible. It helps us see how God’s work of salvation through Jesus Christ was a fulfillment of all of His work expressed throughout the Old Testament.
Study will be approximately 15 sessions. Men of the church and the community are welcome to join anytime.
Led by Doug Ezell, retired United Methodist Pastor and a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist.